Procedures for Starting or Stopping Use
- Kobe City Waterworks Bureau
- Procedures for Starting or Stopping Use
Procedures by phone
Notification is required when using water supply, turning off water supply, or turning off and using water supply (moving within the city).
(Notification is required to start or stop the use of water supply. When you are moving within the city, notification is also required to stop and start the use of water supply.)
Please contact the Customer Service Center of the Waterworks Bureau.
- * You can also make a payment at the service counter of a bank or financial institution.
Waterworks Bureau Customer Service Center
Open hours: 9:00-17:15 (excluding weekends, national holidays and New Year holidays)
- * We are open on Saturdays (excluding national holidays) from mid-February to mid-April during the moving season.
- * We can deal with English, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese.
Please call us and you will be connected to an automated voice service.
Please press “1” for applications to start or stop water service, and press “2” for other matters.
If no selection is made within a certain period of time, you will be automatically connected to “2.
Please note that your call will be recorded so that we can accurately understand the content of your call.
How to turn on the water
If there is no water when you turn on the faucet, you need to open the valve.
Gently turn the water shutoff valve (cock or valve) next to the water meter to fully open the valve.
- * If the water meter has been removed, or if you are unsure where the water shutoff valve (main valve) is, please contact the Waterworks Bureau Customer Service Center during open hours.
Type A (mainly for apartments and flat)
First, turn valve 1 which is on the arrow side counterclockwise, then turn valve 2 counterclockwise.
Type B (mainly for detached houses)
Turn the cock or valve counterclockwise.